BECOME A TRAINED LEADER
Parents are the lifeblood of our Pack. Without them, our program would be limited and our Scouts would be missing out on the fun.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in our Pack. ALL the required training can be taken online - so you can take the training at your own pace.
Steps to Leadership
- Talk to a current leader (Cubmaster, Pack Trainer, Committee Chair, Den Leader) about your willingness to help
- Discuss which role would best fit your talents and comfort level
- Complete Youth Protection Training, YPT (Online)
- Complete Position Specific Training (Online)
- Complete Hazardous Weather Training (Online)
Position Specific Training
- Download, fill out, and print the Adult Leader Application at the bottom of this page
- Go to our Training page for instructions on accessing the BSA online training site.
- Submit your YPT certificate and the Adult Application to the Pack Trainer or Committee Chair
Parent Action Items
- Volunteer to help with small defined tasks.
- Ask your Den Leader if they need help.
- Ask the Cubmaster or Committee Chair about the needs of the Pack.
- Remain positive and look for ways to improve the program - turn problems into solutions. We are not perfect and we will never will be perfect. So don't expect perfect, expect honest effort.
- Follow the advice we give the boys... Do your best. If that includes getting trained then you need to get trained.
- Encourage other parents to help. Work as a team with projects that need attention.