ARROW OF LIGHT
Fifth graders work toward the Arrow of Light rank. If a fourth-grade Cub Scout has completed the Webelos rank, they may begin to work on the Arrow of Light. The Arrow of Light rank is earned by completing five adventures as described below.
1. Be an active member of your Webelos den for three months.
2. Complete each of the four required adventures:
- Building a Better World
- Duty to God in Action
- Outdoor Adventurer
- Scouting Adventure
3. In addition to the four required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
4. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
5. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.)
The Arrow of Light Webelos Cub Scout uniform has the following parts;
1. Shirt—The official tan uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets.
2. Pants(not required)— The official green shorts, long pants, and roll up pants.
3. Belt—Official green web belt with BSA buckle.
4. Socks(not required)—Official green socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee.
5. Hat—Official green hat with Webelos plaid front and Webelos emblem.
6. Neckerchief—Webelos plaid triangular neckerchief with Webelos logo. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that are part of the uniform.
7. Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with Webelos emblem. Cub Scouts may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
8. Webelos Colors.- The Webelos Colors is an optional uniform piece that is worn on the right sleeve to display the Webelos Adventure Pins that have been earned. If the Webelos Colors are not used, Webelos Adventure Pins may be worn on the Webelos hat.